Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am thrilled we now have 3 moderators that I think will do an excellent job here. With my wise friend Steve (SCR38) rounding out this group, I think we will have a well run and fun forum that everyone can enjoy. If you have any questions or need help just get with one of the moderators.
Congrats to SCR38 and thanks man.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Glad to be of help, M4CK. This is a great forum with lots of helpful, friendly members. I am happy to be a part of ClubArmada. :) :)

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Congrats! :)
Syko

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Good news

keep up the good work scr38 :goteam: club armada

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Yo

Hey Scr38,

Tell us all about your avatar pic...what is that thing?

Congratulations mang! I'm looking forward to making this forum grow and grow.....and with our Texas team we're sure to kick some ass. Hehehe

:teeth:

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Hey Scr38,

Tell us all about your avatar pic...what is that thing?
:teeth:
My avatar is a picture of my 1946 Olds model 76. I have been building hot rods for about 50 years, although I don't do much anymore. My favorite build (and the one I spent the most time on) was my '46 Olds. I bought it stock in 1960, complete with a flat head six. Over the years I had it it slowly evolved. I won't take up too much time now, but some of the things I did were:
Extensive body mods, including making new parts from fiberglass, Installing the all leather interior from a '66 Buick, tilting and telescoping steering column from a Caddy, disc brakes from a Corvette, highly modified Turbohydro transmission from a Caddy, hand made dash complete with Stewart Warner instruments and much more. I built the engine from parts of several different engines, had pistons, cam and rods made to my specs and made extensive modifications to all parts. I built the tuned intake and headers from scratch, using only hand tools. I ended up with 451 cubic inches and about 600 HP. The rearend was from a '64 Pontiac, with Zoom 4.10 gears, and I built the wheels myself 'cause I couldn't find what I wanted.
I have attached some pictures. They are old and faded but you can get the idea of how it looked.
It was very fast, both acceleration and top end. I never did know how fast it would run, I drove it up to only 150MPH.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Here are a couple more pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Congrats you guys!! I've been traveling a lot these days - making it harder to spend as much time on here as I like - good to see this forum prospering with good people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts