Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i have a new 04 armada se 4X4 with 1200 miles on it and i was wondering what brand of oil everyone is using in their armada.
thanks, gary

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
This can, and has proven to be, a highly opinionated topic. Go to www.bobistheoilguy.com and there are literally scientists on there that post their findings. The basic formula I have come up with, is that if you plan on using a regular "dino" oil, change every 3,000 miles. Use a synthetic, and you can go much longer depending on your Used Oil Analysis (UOA) results. Good synthetic oils are Mobil1, Amsoil, Red Line, and Royal Purple, and there are many more.

The type of air filter you use makes a difference on how long the oil will last because of how much dirt it will/will not trap. Also, stay away from Fram oil filters. They seem to have tested terribly bad. If anything, buy the Nissan filters from courtesyparts.com in a bulk pack.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks manny0, i was just curious about what oil other people are using. this is such a great site all you have to do is throw it out there and someone will give you an answer.
gary

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Mobil 1 synthetic- works great! I've also heard very good things about Amsoil and Royal Purple

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
any good quality oil will work fine IF you change the oil and filter at regular, timely intervals.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Tech 2000

Just curious if anyone has any info on the Tech 2000 oils that Wal-Mart sells? Mainly the Semi Syn. and Full Syn. Who makes it and how well it hold up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts