Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 06 LE Armada and will be using it to tow a 24ft enclosed trailer that is 7000lbs. I plan to order a prodigy brake controller but need opinions on what type of hitch to buy.

Besides the brake controller and hitch is there anything else reconmended? Change differentials and trans to synthietic, etc.?

Thanks
Alan

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
ajn507 said:
I just bought a 06 LE Armada and will be using it to tow a 24ft enclosed trailer that is 7000lbs. I plan to order a prodigy brake controller but need opinions on what type of hitch to buy.

Besides the brake controller and hitch is there anything else reconmended? Change differentials and trans to synthietic, etc.?

Thanks
Alan
I'd recommend a good weight distribution hitch, and some sort of anti-sway device. I use the Equal-i-zer brand, it combines weight distribution and sway control into a single unit. Costs about $400 at various hitch places on-line, about $500 direct from Equal-i-zer. Other manufacturers of affordable systems include Draw-Tite, particularly with the Dual-Cam anti-sway system. Stay away from friction anti-sway devices. Good choice on the Prodigy, about the best out there.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Campfamily said:
I'd recommend a good weight distribution hitch, and some sort of anti-sway device. I use the Equal-i-zer brand, it combines weight distribution and sway control into a single unit. Costs about $400 at various hitch places on-line, about $500 direct from Equal-i-zer. Other manufacturers of affordable systems include Draw-Tite, particularly with the Dual-Cam anti-sway system. Stay away from friction anti-sway devices. Good choice on the Prodigy, about the best out there.

Ditto. Excellent advice. I tow 8,000 lbs. Prodigy and the Equal-i-zer are the way to go.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
My stock mirrors seem to work just fine. I don't see any need for larger ones.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Armada said:
My stock mirrors seem to work just fine. I don't see any need for larger ones.
If you towed a travel trailer (~8' wide) you would need wider mirrors to see down the side of it. Either stockers that extend or add-on mirrors that reach farther out.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
ajn507 said:
Did you guys buy the towing mirrors?
The 06 has LED's, power, defrost, and power folding, do the big tow mirrors have this?
Are there anyother mirror options?

Alan
Do a search for tow mirrors on this forum. I am a big fan of McKesh mirrors.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Cillyone said:
If you towed a travel trailer (~8' wide) you would need wider mirrors to see down the side of it. Either stockers that extend or add-on mirrors that reach farther out.
Good point. The bed on my equipment trailer is 82 inches wide and sits inside the wheel wells. So even though the wheels are as wide as with a travel trailer, I can see down the sides over the top of the fenders just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.