Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I started getting a "rattle" when the stereo is playing. Didn't even have to be loud, but it was causing a rattle that is definitely coming from under the seat. If I turn the volume all the way down, it goes away.

It almost sounds like plastic-on-plastic rattling, but I don't think that's it. Looking under the seat, all I see are seat control motors.

Edit: Now that I look closer, I see a plate labeled "Bose" under there. Is this the subwoofer?
Anyone know how easy that is to access?

I'm answering all my own questions. :)

Just found this video. Hoping that I can simply get a drop-in replacement speaker.
Anyone know where to get a replacement speaker?

Reactions: gtech215

·
Super Moderator
5,621 Posts
other than the usual salvage yard/fleabay, you may be better off getting a replacement sub.

also, its possible you may have some debris that fell into the speaker holes. if you are sitll getting low freq output, this may be all it is...

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
other than the usual salvage yard/fleabay, you may be better off getting a replacement sub.
I'll pull it out next weekend and check for debris, but I don't want to put a bunch of money into it by replacing the entire thing. Can't imagine that there isn't simply a new speaker I can throw in there if the cone is cracked.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As it turns out, it was a ten cent fix.

A dime had fallen down through the speaker guard and onto the speaker.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Best kind of fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts