Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What mods have you done to your Armada??

I have added:

Factory Sirius Tuner with a SIRMINI Antenna
Factory Front Splash Guards
Factory Sunroof Wind Screen
Avery Rear Floor Mat (covers full rear with back seat folded)
Motorola v400 Phone Kit on a Pro-Fit Legend Mount
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
K&N Drop in Filter
Mobil1 Oil
Mobil1 Diff Fluids
Tinted Front Windows
Removed Silly Pathfinder NamePlate

Soon to do:
Air Intake snorkel trimming

Happy with all so far.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
kthrash said:

I have added:

Factory Sirius Tuner with a SIRMINI Antenna
Factory Sunroof Wind Screen
Avery Rear Floor Mat (covers full rear with back seat folded)
Tekonsha Prodigy Brake Controller
K&N Drop in Filter
Mobil1 Oil
Mobil1 Diff Fluids
Tinted Front Windows

Soon to do:
Air Intake snorkel trimming

Happy with all so far.

Just curious -- how many miles did you have on it...before you switched to the synthetics -- and the pros/cons of doing so. I run synthetics in my 5.7L V-8 on my boat -- but that's because volvo penta tells me to. I've seen mixed reviews with regards to the Armada engine, especially about switching to synthetics within the first 20,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the oil to Mobil1 at 6000 miles. I currently have 8600 miles and am going to change the filter and top off at 9000 miles, then at 12000 miles change oil and filter again. I believe the book says change the oil every 6000 miles. to be honest I have seen no real pros or cons.

EightmanVT said:
Just curious -- how many miles did you have on it...before you switched to the synthetics -- and the pros/cons of doing so. I run synthetics in my 5.7L V-8 on my boat -- but that's because volvo penta tells me to. I've seen mixed reviews with regards to the Armada engine, especially about switching to synthetics within the first 20,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
kthrash said:
i'm debating on installing a profit phone mount.

can you pls take pics of your mount location and set up, much appreciated!

Mods:

• 24" Neeper Vandals wrapped with 305/35/24's
  • K&N Filter
  • C&J 2pc Grille
  • Debadged

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
kthrash said:
I changed the oil to Mobil1 at 6000 miles.
It used to be standard practice not to put synthetics in the engine until after it was broken in. However, that's no longer the practice. In fact, several autos now come with synthetics right off the line, Porsche, Vette, and others included.

Bill

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I've done....

XM OEM Setup
15% Front window tint
K&N Drop-in
McGard Wheel Locks
Stant gas cap
Mini mirrors
Mobile 1

Likin it so far. 11K mi.

Check it out.

Here

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Syn Oil

The general opinion is to use regular oil to break in the engine, then about 4500 to 6000 to switch to syn oil. The regular oil is supposed to help break in the motor and seal fit better while the syn oil reduces general engine wear for the long duration.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
kthrash said:
I have added:
I did not seen a single Armada on the lot with the front splash guards. I also have not found a picture of them anywhere. Could you post a pic of them for me ? :)

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
Front Splash Guards

TypeSH said:
I did not seen a single Armada on the lot with the front splash guards. I also have not found a picture of them anywhere. Could you post a pic of them for me ? :)
I have just installed the front splash guards. They have three screws holding them on. The instructions say to remove the screws already in place and install the guards with the same screws. My Armada had only two of the three screws, so I had to drill and install the third. Here are pics:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
scr38 said:
I have just installed the front splash guards. They have three screws holding them on. The instructions say to remove the screws already in place and install the guards with the same screws. My Armada had only two of the three screws, so I had to drill and install the third. Here are pics:
Looks nice but I just don't trust myself drilling into a 3 day old vehicle. BTW our dealer tried to tell/show us that front splashguards physically could not be installed due to the running boards. :rolleyes:

I want to do:

Front tint (but gotta keep it legal)
Bull Bar (in a couple weeks) Black or Chrome ?????
Drop-In filter (this week)
Custom DVD install (eventually when my lab can no longer entertain my 1 year old)
Fogs (this week)
De-badge the Pathfinder Logo and maybe add the Titan V8 or is that too rice/cheesy?
Don't want to mess with the exhaust and deal with it during bi-annual inspections

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My screws were all there no drilling required.

All the screws were there in mine when I did it, took about 10 minutes per side, no drilling required. I did have to hunt for the lower holes, you have to kind of bend the plastic at a 90 degree angle and mount with a screw facing down if I remember correctly, did not make sense to me until I craweled under the truck.

Oh yeah most dealers are complet idiots, mine did not even know they sold the front splash guards. I ended up ordering those and a bunch of other stuff form Jamie at nissanparts247.com 1-800-689-6560.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
check out the sig

the sig tells it all except the new addition of pioneer dvd nav unit and k/n intake system!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
gshadow325
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing