Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just oicked up an 06 armada le 4x4 and curious what motor oil is everyone using? and how often changing it?

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Amsoil 0W-30 Signature Series. Change every six months. Six months of driving for me only equals 3k miles, but for my own peace of mind, I still change out at that interval even though the oil is supposed to last much longer.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Royal Purple in the crankcase changed every 5000, Amsoil everywhere else.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts

Mobil1 Full Synthetic 10W-30

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 every six months.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Mobil 1 5w30 every 4k

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
mobile 1 0w-30 every 5k with Royal Purple filters.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
whatever the dealer uses :p

3 oil changes for the mada and 3 oil changes for the altima for 80 bucks.. bout 13 bucks an oil change ill take it to the dealer and not get messy :D

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
M1 5-20 every 7500 miles (as indicated by the factory manual). I take my own oil into the Infiniti dealer...wonder if I'm the only wahoo who does that there!

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
royal purple may be good stuff, but bottom line...

Anything purple is not going in my car period.

Mobil 1 5w-30. Every 5k

Only royal purple. Motor diff and trany every 2500-3000
i drive hard

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Didn't want to star a new topic for the same subject so ill ask here :)

I usally take my 2004 armada to get the oil changed at a shop to tell u the truth I don't know what kind they use. Since I'm about to hit 100000 miles I wana start doing my own oil changes so I can visually inspect it. Now I see lots of people use moble 1 which is synthetic oil. If the shop used regular oil is it ok to just drain it and replace with the m1 ? are the fram oil filters ok?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Didn't want to star a new topic for the same subject so ill ask here :)

I usally take my 2004 armada to get the oil changed at a shop to tell u the truth I don't know what kind they use. Since I'm about to hit 100000 miles I wana start doing my own oil changes so I can visually inspect it. Now I see lots of people use moble 1 which is synthetic oil. If the shop used regular oil is it ok to just drain it and replace with the m1 ? are the fram oil filters ok? And should I get high mileage m1 ?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts