Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Just to confirm you went with the standard 27, not 27F? Someone mentioned earlier needing the reverse terminals.

This would be the same for a 2018 Armada, I see you're QX80?

How do you like the battery, all well still?
Group 27.
No issues with the battery to date. We spend almost every weekend during the winter months traveling from NYC, to the Poconos, Mt. Snow, Mt. Okemo. As cold as it gets, starts right up, no hesitation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Odyssey Extreme series appears to be the exact same everything, across the board, even warranty, as the Northstar. I have a local battery dealer that mainly does bulk batteries for golf carts, golf courses, and photovoltaic systems. He sells those Odyssey Extreme. Online the Odyssey and the Northstar are also the same price, I can do better through him on price as well.

Just looking for input if anyone has had the Odyssey before.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Odyssey Extreme series appears to be the exact same everything, across the board, even warranty, as the Northstar. I have a local battery dealer that mainly does bulk batteries for golf carts, golf courses, and photovoltaic systems. He sells those Odyssey Extreme. Online the Odyssey and the Northstar are also the same price, I can do better through him on price as well.

Just looking for input if anyone has had the Odyssey before.
I recall when I was doing research that some have said odyssey had seen a decrease in quality. I found more positive reviews for north star.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
@OBXPatrol, nothing wrong with saving some $$$$ since you can get the Odyssey for less. Both Odyssey and Northstar are two of the best aftermarket AGM batteries available and can't go wrong with either one. The only reasons why I opted for the Northstar was because I never had one, have always wanted to buy one and it has a slight edge on the CCA (930) vs. (850) Odyssey.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Apples-to-apples, those specs look identical, maybe I'm missing something. Maybe Odyssey had a recent redesign to be equal on all specs. I did see where years ago they were off my a few CCA or reserve, but now they appear to be the exact same battery.

My only reason for exploring odyssey is because my local dealer carries them and I would have to have a Northstar shipped to me. If something ever came up with the Odyssey I would also have local support.

Edited links.

From what I can determine to the best of my ability. The NSB is able to be purchased directly by consumer, but the ODX is through dealers only. Looks to be the exact same battery, even the case. Also both are available on Odyssey's website.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
In this case, no wrong choices. But since a discount is available from your local Odyssey dealer, I’d go with the Odyssey if I were in your shoes.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts