Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
Took a little weekend trip to North Carolina (about 3 ½ hrs from where I live now). The Armada was great except for one thing. While driving on the highway and around the city I noticed a distinct sound coming from the drivers door when I crossed over a severe bump or even some railroad tracks. It wasn’t a rattle, it actually sounded like the entire door was loose. (moving out and hitting the frame). Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so what was the fix?
:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Nope. New one. Try shaking it, etc. to figure out where the noise is. Then dealer it if it isn't something you can wrench. :(

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I have the exact same issue with my drivers door...sounds like its hitting the frame when going over even a medium bump. Not too thrilled to take it in to the dealer to see what they think since they have always messed something else up after I picked it up. Please let me know if you ever get an answer for it. Thanks a ton!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I plan on taking it in today. I spent a little time trying to find out where in town I could drive the technician so he would hear it too. I will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Hmmm..

There was a similar post long time ago about this same exact thing. The guy was complaining about a noise and the dealer ended up replacing his door hinges and that fixed the problem. They said it was the door moving on the hinges or something as the body flexed over bumps and what not.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they're stumped.

Took the Made to the dealer today for the door problem and the brake issue. Brake issue was resolved by completing the work in the latest TSB. Now the door problem was another issue. I took the technician on a ride and tried to let him hear it. Later on the head tech said it was "body flex". It just doesn't sound right to me. I need to find a place in town where it is more distinct and I will let him drive next time. Wish me luck.

P.S. I will also tell him to check the hinges.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
door problem

I have the same issue with my drivers door. I thought it was just me. I took it to the dealer who stated they realigned the door semed a little better but this weekend it has started again. I have another problem when I'm going over the same type of bumps the car seems to hop across the road surface

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
hey i have the same exact problem with my QX56....its the most annoying thing....i havent taken it to the dealer yet....but im thinking that there should be thicker weather stripping maybe to keep the door tighter...

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I have the same issue with my driver's door. Its like a thumping noise when I go over good sized bumps, or rail road tracks. I will post if I get anywhere with my dealership.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
any progress with this...... i still have this annoying problem

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I just discovered that my wife's Armada has this problem too. Sounds like the two components of the door latch are banging together.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts