Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving to Atlanta and saw a guy pull his Armada into his garage. As he drove into the garage he made sure the tires were on some type of mat aligned with the wheels so no tire marks in garage. Anyone know the correct term for the mats? I want to purchase on line. Just not sure of the correct term.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Here's some on ebay

They are called parking mats. Here's some for sale on ebay. They help you to park in the proper location in your garage without eyeballing it every time or having a hanging tennis ball. Can be useful for a full-sized SUV. Not really used to keep tire marks off the floor, but I guess they could be used for that.

Parking Mats

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
pqalfred97 said:
It's something like that but not exactly. Imaging a long, straight skid mark. It runs from the garage door and extends about 10 feet. It's like a long strip.
Next time you pull out of the garage, turn off the VDC and floor it! :D

Seriously though, I used to have a set of pads for the tires to rest on, they wouldn't stay put, mainly because the kids loved to use them as obstacles to ride their scooters around in the garage. I got rid of them, I was afraid the wife would use them instead of her eyes to decide when to stop. CRUNCH!

Keith

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.