Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a Bully Dog GT tuner on ebay for a good price the other day so picked it up. Got it today, about to go check it out. I was just seeing if any one else on the forum is running one on their madas and what setting are you running. Also how do you feel about them. I noticed on the Titan forum alot of members are using them and talking about them not so much on here. hope to hear from a couple members input. Later guys.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
2,187 Posts
I only use my Bullydog GT for the gauges. I use UpRev for my tuning and timing advance.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I am currently running the regular tune (87 octane), plus 2 degree timing advance, 180mph limit, no throttle restriction (no required on armada), and stock red line. I occasionally run the premium tune, but mainly in the summer time. I use my Garmin Nuvi to monitor my gauges.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I set my up to the regular 87 tune +2 advance timing, WOT off, throttle to perforamce (still an extreme setting i havent tried) 130 limit (which i will probably never even go that fast). But all i can say is damn my truck picked up quick like it didnt way 7000 LBs. Cant wait to try out the premium tune might be to much as the regular 87 tune was impressive.

Does any one know if you have to have the gauge hooked up and on the whole time in order for the setting to apply. or since the tune is already downloaded can i just keep the unit off? i can probably figure this out my self but thought i would ask.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
2,187 Posts
Once you put the tune on, you can remove the Bullydog GT or turn it off. The tune is married to your ECU.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once you put the tune on, you can remove the Bullydog GT or turn it off. The tune is married to your ECU.

o ok cool thank you for answering that!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I run premium tune and 2* advance, but I run low grade fuel - a (dis)advantage of living at high altitude. I kept the speed governor stock because I will never have the car that fast, and I kept the throttle response stock to rule out any feeling from the tune coming from the throttle.

She's running great!

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Im running premium tune 91 octane, 2* timing advance, speed limiter is set to 160mph i doubt itll go that fast, and lastly redline is set to the highest setting. Also i set the idle speed to where itll vibrate the least. But it added a nice amount of get up and go.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i filled up with 93 octane today i wanted to try out the premium tune, so i set it up with WOT off, speed 130 (just to do it), RPMs stock(not sure if max would mess anything up so kept it safe), but with the throttle tune i was torn between performance setting or extreme and what effects this would have on the mechanics. I drive my armada daily would extreme/performance be safe to use on the regular just to know i have that extra pick up if needed? any info would be great! o ya and i set the +2 timing. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
So i filled up with 93 octane today i wanted to try out the premium tune, so i set it up with WOT off, speed 130 (just to do it), RPMs stock(not sure if max would mess anything up so kept it safe), but with the throttle tune i was torn between performance setting or extreme and what effects this would have on the mechanics. I drive my armada daily would extreme/performance be safe to use on the regular just to know i have that extra pick up if needed? any info would be great! o ya and i set the +2 timing. Thanks in advance.
I had it on the same setting but I got tired after 3 days it was to much.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I didn't know you could tune the Armada. So I can install a canned tune and change and advance the timing 2 degrees with this? What model tuner are you using?
How much do they cost?

Thanks,
K-

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any noticed mpg increase guys? I am strongly considering purchasing one.
still in my first fill up with the bully dog ill post back with results. not sure about others but with driving coach it displays the gallons you have used from fill up with another display showing MPG during those gallons and finally a average MPg at the end.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't know you could tune the Armada. So I can install a canned tune and change and advance the timing 2 degrees with this? What model tuner are you using?
How much do they cost?

Thanks,
K-
As other members on here have different tunes some customized and some preset. Bully dog is a preset tuner with stock, regular(above stock 87 octane) and performance(91+ octane) with other customized setting after the tune. if you go to bullydog.com you can get all the info you need for the bully dog triple GT GAS tuner. Find the price and do your searches for the best price i found mine for less than half on ebay. But remember there is a gas one and deisel one and its only for 05+ armadas. Also i believe there is a site sponsered dealer on here that sells them check that out too.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Why do they list them for 05 and up but not for the 04?

Whats the big difference?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why do they list them for 05 and up but not for the 04?

Whats the big difference?
thats a good question I am not sure, sorry i cant help with that maybe another member can. but your right i dont really see a differance.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Hello nathancruz702! Ive been running my bullydog GT for 2 years now and have also tried all three gas tunes. I will say that I like running the stock gas setting with the 2* advance and fuel economy throttle setting when just running around town or commuting to and from work. With that setting I have noticed an average of 15 to 16 mpg avg, city/hwy mix. When I tow the boat or a trailer, I use the regular tune for a little towing power. With the performance tune, I like it a lot when I have some regulating to do at stop lights or on the freeways. Just me in the Mada of course. The performance tune I've noticed has very aggressive transmission shifts as expected for a performance tune and is great for feeling the power of our 5.6's. With the Performance tune I run Supreme, no throttle restriction, extreme throttle response and +100rpm and VDC turned off. I have eaten several Hemi's with this one when they make fun of soccer Dad. Hahaha! My fuel economy drops back between 12 to 14mpg which is expected. Anyways, you have to try them all like everyone is saying to find what works for you in your situation or demands. Just remember, if you run the Performance Tune, you must use Supreme or minimum of 95 octane to prevent engine damage. Have fun and go getm!

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Hello nathancruz702! Ive been running my bullydog GT for 2 years now and have also tried all three gas tunes. I will say that I like running the stock gas setting with the 2* advance and fuel economy throttle setting when just running around town or commuting to and from work. With that setting I have noticed an average of 15 to 16 mpg avg, city/hwy mix. When I tow the boat or a trailer, I use the regular tune for a little towing power. With the performance tune, I like it a lot when I have some regulating to do at stop lights or on the freeways. Just me in the Mada of course. The performance tune I've noticed has very aggressive transmission shifts as expected for a performance tune and is great for feeling the power of our 5.6's. With the Performance tune I run Supreme, no throttle restriction, extreme throttle response and +100rpm and VDC turned off. I have eaten several Hemi's with this one when they make fun of soccer Dad. Hahaha! My fuel economy drops back between 12 to 14mpg which is expected. Anyways, you have to try them all like everyone is saying to find what works for you in your situation or demands. Just remember, if you run the Performance Tune, you must use Supreme or minimum of 95 octane to prevent engine damage. Have fun and go getm!
"Some regulating to do?" Hilarious!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

FamilyASSUALT: First off thank you for your detailed message and information exactly what i was looking for. The only reason I thought that it would be fine to run the setting i had mentioned before(pasted them after this for a refresher) is because the manual says its ok to run the performance tune using 91 or better octane so I chose 93 octane. do you believe this to not be true? i dont want to mess anything up. I mostly drive to work and home and like to hit the gas every once in awhile on the freeway. So i thought that I would set these setting for everyday normal driving, while knowing i have this tune in the background incase i need to make a point. would that be bad having the settings i listed below for everyday or with 93 Octane. Appreciate your or other members insight.

(2006 SE off road edition armada, K&N 57 CAI, Flowmaster 50 series exhaust, Bullydog GT Gas Tuner tuned to Performance, WOT off, speed 130, throttle extreme, +2 timing, RPMs stock, 93 octane)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts