Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
From the main menu scroll down to special functions it's in there and open the sub menu up. You have to let your engine warm up to 180 I believe, it will let you know when your good, adjust and confirm and your good to go.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have had my BDGT for a couple months now and really like the power and monitoring it brings to the table, but one thing I dont like is the suction cup mounts. I have the heavy duty one and the long adjustable one, came with both when I bought. It just gets very annoying having to remove the whole assembly EVERYtime I park in order to put up my window reflector. Any ideas, pics, mods any one could provided to give me a couple ideas? Also when I add a new tune how long does it usually take for the ECU to adapt and really learn the new setting couple days? couple hundred miles? or a trip around the block? Thank guys

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thats not a bad spot, I will have to check that out after work. Thanks for the pic and idea!

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I have the premium tune, WOT on with Perfomance Throttle response, 2 degree timing advance. I will go back to the economy settings soon but still having fun with it.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I mounted mine here. I used double side tape too.
That's actually is a really good spot outta the way now. If the wire could just be concealed would be perfect, going to play with some ideas for that this weekend. Thanks alot
For the pic. What did you use double sided tape for?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have the premium tune, WOT on with Perfomance Throttle response, 2 degree timing advance. I will go back to the economy settings soon but still having fun with it.
Yea it is fun, I go back and forth every couple weeks just to mess around. But with the crazy traffic here in puerto anything more than stock is really to much for the stop and go and dead stop traffic which is most of the time.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I was running the premium tune on 87 octane without issues, but now that the weather is nicer I am back to regular +2. I sometimes get a lean bank 2 error when running the premium tune.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I was running the premium tune on 87 octane without issues, but now that the weather is nicer I am back to regular +2. I sometimes get a lean bank 2 error when running the premium tune.

The company says you need to run 91+ octane for premium tune. maybe that's why you get a code cause your running 87.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
That's actually is a really good spot outta the way now. If the wire could just be concealed would be perfect, going to play with some ideas for that this weekend. Thanks alot
For the pic. What did you use double sided tape for?
let me know if you find a way to hide the wire. i double side taped it because i keeped hitting it and knocked it off.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
91 causes the same error once the temperatures start rising. I have talked to bulldog about and they tried tweaking my tune, but it still happens when it starts getting hot. I have had my headers changed, cleaned my MAS, but I haven't changed out my o2 sensors yet.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
This morning, I set my BDGT to "Premium" tuning level with "Extreme" throttle sensitivity and advanced the timing to +2. According to the performance testing software on the tuner, I ran a 14.4 @ 95mph with a 0-60 time of 6.0 seconds. I am thoroughly impressed that the Armada can hustle through the 1/4 so fast considering its immense weight and general lack of aerodynamics.

I typically run the 87 octane tune ("regular") with the throttle sensitivity on "stock" and I have no problems (that I am aware of) running the 2* advance with the 87 octane fuel.

Just wanted to share my 1/4 time with the help of the BDGT. The only other mod done to my Mada is the stock airbox mod and a drop-in K&N air filter. Hemi drivers beware ;)

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This morning, I set my BDGT to "Premium" tuning level with "Extreme" throttle sensitivity and advanced the timing to +2. According to the performance testing software on the tuner, I ran a 14.4 @ 95mph with a 0-60 time of 6.0 seconds. I am thoroughly impressed that the Armada can hustle through the 1/4 so fast considering its immense weight and general lack of aerodynamics.

I typically run the 87 octane tune ("regular") with the throttle sensitivity on "stock" and I have no problems (that I am aware of) running the 2* advance with the 87 octane fuel.

Just wanted to share my 1/4 time with the help of the BDGT. The only other mod done to my Mada is the stock airbox mod and a drop-in K&N air filter. Hemi drivers beware ;)
Austin_asu:

Thats awesome, how was the extreme throttle? I have yet to try it, with traffic out here in Puerto Rico the premium tune with performance throttle is too much. I just stick with the "regular" tune, stock throttle *2. Once I get back to the states in August and my armada gets there I will be playing with the setting alot more.
Afraid for now if something got messed up I wouldn't have the slightest clue were to get it fixed besides the dealership and dont want to go there cause this one is horrible and the only one on the island with a service center. Thanks for bringing back an old thread we have alot of new memebers lately that might not know it was here. SO feel free any one to add your settings or times!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts