Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one out there put 22's on and tows a trailer? I tow a lot and am not sure if 22's will be a good choice vs. 20's any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I think the bigger you go the harder on your vehicle it will be when towing. Depending on what you plan on towing. I am sure some of the guys towing heavy trailers will say to stay 20 or under.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I would agree. I am not sure that the tire companies offer a tire in that diameter with a LT rating. I am leaving the 17's on my Armada and removing the 285 70 R17 BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A's and replacing them with the LT285 70 R17 BF Goodrich Radail All Terrain K/O. This has a heavier sidewall and diameter to accomodate two things:
1) the weight of the Armada itself
2) the weight of the Armada with a 5900lb trailer
I am not saying that I am a tire expert, but I have had my experience with different diameter wheels and tires. As far as I know not too many companies have the "light truck" (LT) rating on their 20" or 22" designs. I could be wrong. I am staying with this size and going to replace them with 17" chrome plated factory styles in the near future.
Syko
Syko Kustomz
Wisconsin

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Armada wheels in chrome

Hi guy's
I was considering the Armada wheel in chrome and found one place that was charging $550 out of California. Has anyone found anyone else or a different price? These had a warranty of 1 year on the chrome.

Does this sound about right?
RA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts