Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tell me the weight and offset of the standard 6 spoke wheels on an Armada-LE. I'd like to come as close to possible, as I like the way it rides/handles now............just want to make it better ;)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Stock offset is 25mm I believe.
Don't know about the weight, but they aren't light. ;)

I stole this from another board and can't take credit but I hope it helps:

The things you need to consider when buying new rims are:
1. width- how wide of a tire am I going to eventually want? If the biggest tire you can imagine is 325mm or 13.5" then you can consider 17x9 a good bet. The widest tire you can safely mount on a 17x8 rim is 12.5" or 305mm

2. bolt pattern- 6 on 5.5" or 6 on 139.7mm

3. center bore- just has to be bigger than 47mm for the Titan. Most aftermarket wheels have a bore of 82mm

4. backspacing- to ensure your wheels hit the back bump stop before the tires hit the frame you'll want to find a wheel with 5.5" backspacing OR LESS.

5. front spacing- a 17x8" rim is actually nine inches wide from outside edge to inside edge. (don't ask me why.) So if you select a 17x8" rim with 4.5" of backspacing you will have 4.5" front spacing. This measurement is important if you want to know in advance how the wheel will line up with the edge of the fender. To make sure you get the look that you want jack up the truck, remove one wheel and hang a piece of string (weighted on the end with a nut or washer) from the top of the "wheel arch" and then measure the distance from the string to the wheel mounting surface (where the wheel studs are mounted). If your rims have 4.5" of frontspacing and you measure out 5.5" then your wheel will be recessed into the wheel well one inch.

6. After you've found some wheels that are appropriate for the first five categories you choose what kind of finish and design you want.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I'll look it up...but I think they have a negative offset.... But don't take that to the bank just yet.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I can't find anything on the offset of stock wheels.....maybe it was 25....my new ones are 10mm :hmm:

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
70 Lbs per stock wheel/tire

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
andy said:
70 Lbs per stock wheel/tire
Schneikes, I knew they were heavy. And I know my new ones are even more heavy. Maybe 90? :eek:

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all

Thanks all. The 25mm offset jives with what 1010 tires spit out for the Armada. 70 lbs is about what I expected, as most 20 inch rims are going about 40-44 lbs and the 20" Michelins I'm looking at are 44lbs, so we should be close to 85-90 lbs. Just don't want to make an expesive online purchase and have something not work due to a lack of research! Thanks again! :awesome:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
my 22's are alot heavier then the stock wheels were. :1245:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts