Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the interior of my armada i like to keep everything looking stock with surprises. But on the exterior i want something that people would notice. so i'm searching for some rims/wheels i wanted to know what is the largest size rim that could fit on the armada. 22'',24'',26''.... Does anyone know about this? That would greatly help
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
148 Posts
largest size

26" is the largest that fit but I believe some modification is needed. Some have 24" but most people either go with 22" or 20", whichever one fits the way you will use the vehicle most. If you offroad, tow, you probably want to stay w/20". If you dont than you can go to 22" w/little or no sacrifice in ride quality.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
gram said:
in the interior of my armada i like to keep everything looking stock with surprises. But on the exterior i want something that people would notice. so i'm searching for some rims/wheels i wanted to know what is the largest size rim that could fit on the armada. 22'',24'',26''.... Does anyone know about this? That would greatly help
Everyone notices my 20s. Larger ain't bigger. Its just more expensive and you won't get any more noticed or respect. You will however ruin your acceleration, handling, towing, off road capabilities, and blow about an extra 10 grand over 20s, that could be used for something that would get you noticed like a supercharger, etc. I've seen 28s. They were mocking them over on a titan site. Didn't see a single positive post. It really puts you into a small minority of people who think its "tight". Most think your just dumb. Personally, I think rims over 22" are obnoxious and a Fad, just like spinners, double wings on civics, etc. They will last 10 minutes of coolness, kill the resale value of the truck, and be a waste of cash as you will get rid of them within a couple years.

You asked.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-wheels-tires-brakes/32753-titan-28-a.html?highlight=titan+ebay
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Everyone notices my 20s. Larger ain't bigger. Its just more expensive and you won't get any more noticed or respect. You will however ruin your acceleration, handling, towing, off road capabilities, and blow about an extra 10 grand over 20s, that could be used for something that would get you noticed like a supercharger, etc. I've seen 28s. They were mocking them over on a titan site. Didn't see a single positive post. It really puts you into a small minority of people who think its "tight". Most think your just dumb. Personally, I think rims over 22" are obnoxious and a Fad, just like spinners, double wings on civics, etc. They will last 10 minutes of coolness, kill the resale value of the truck, and be a waste of cash as you will get rid of them within a couple years.

You asked.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-wheels-tires-brakes/32753-titan-28-a.html?highlight=titan+ebay

You seem particularly jaded. 22's aren't as bad as you say. It's a matter of taste and respect. First of all your $$ figure is wrong. $10k more? You gotta be joking. The loss in performance is neglible at best, unless you're taking it to the strip. The guy wasn't even asking for that kinda opinion.

DUB designers would never put 20s on such a large SUV. The wheels look too small in proportion to the rubber and size of the Armada. 22" wheels on Armadas offers the best proportions for a street truck look. 20's look good on say a Mercedes ML500, a smaller SUV. But 20's on an Armada are good if you're still off-roading, since you can use the extra rubber.

Since you can wrap 45s on a 22" wheel on the Armada, you get a good amount of rubber. Most people think that 22's with less than a 45 sidewall is not proportional. 20s with as much rubber as you'd have to slap on them isn't as appealing for that aggressive, street truck, look. Check out DUB magazine, the whole DUB culture agrees with this. It's not all about spinners and ghetto taste. It is about choosing tasteful proportions for SUVs. Sure, there are tacky rides, but they are in the minority and most people clown those cars.

So ease up on the DUB culture, you're obviously out of the loop.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
The guy with the 27" rims for $10k he put on doesn't post anymore. I know they cost $10k because he boasted about it right off the bat.
Never slammed 22" I said OVER 22". 22" is a little big for me, but still within reason. Minor losses in performance. Larger than that get a little wacky.

DUB designers should be staked out naked on ant hills and covered with honey. But that's me. Not much more taste than speedos on a fat guy.

The notion that rubber looks bad is just ridiculous. They want as much metal because.............. No reason. Originally, larger rims were selected not for looks, but to improve handling. 15-17" rims were a little tippy in corners with junky tall tires. Guess people forgot that. Now its style driven, not performance. Personally, I hate the look of my 20s. I only have them to allow me the outer dimensions of my tires. They don't make 305-60-18s. Less rubber means rougher ride, and after a point, worse handling, etc.

The Mercedes. like most SUVs these days, is a car. It ain't an SUV. Similar to an RX300. Not an SUV. Nissan's version is the FX45. These are 4wd cars with higher centers of gravity made for driving in urban settings. I wish they would get their own term instead of stealing SUV from SUVs. Maybe soccer mom grocery getter? They really are the modern versions of the station wagon along with the minivan.

DUB sucks. I hate them. Yes HATE. So don't tell me not to be Hate'n. I hate that. People seem to forget that hating something isn't illegal, morally incorrect, etc. Its perfectly fine. It shows a complete disagreement with a position, view, etc. It also is positive in many ways. It can cause people to act to change what they hate. In this case, the notion that large rims are good or even look good. It will die its death soon enough, just like DOPI is, and the IROC rejects did, giant clocks on neck chains, etc. Just a matter of time. Good taste endures. Junk rots. PS I hate baggie jeans also. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Never slammed 22" I said OVER 22". 22" is a little big for me, but still within reason. Minor losses in performance. Larger than that get a little wacky.

DUB sucks. I hate them. Yes HATE.
Don't know how you reconcile those two statement. In one breath you say you don't slam 22's and that they're within reason, and in another you say that you hate them. You also first said you would "ruin your acceleration, handling, etc" and now you say there are "minor losses" . Pick a side and stick with it. Otherwise you seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing.

92TripleBlack said:
The notion that rubber looks bad is just ridiculous. They want as much metal because.............. No reason. ... Personally, I hate the look of my 20s. I only have them to allow me the outer dimensions of my tires. They don't make 305-60-18s.
What are you talking about? You're speaking out of your arse. They do indeed make 305-60-18s. Toyo makes an SUV tire in this exact size. And who said rubber looks bad? You have DUBs and you picked them cause you like them. End of discussion.

92TripleBlack said:
The Mercedes. like most SUVs these days, is a car. It ain't an SUV. Similar to an RX300. Not an SUV. Nissan's version is the FX45. These are 4wd cars with higher centers of gravity made for driving in urban settings. I wish they would get their own term instead of stealing SUV from SUVs. Maybe soccer mom grocery getter? They really are the modern versions of the station wagon along with the minivan.
Uh, thanks. ?

92TripleBlack said:
So don't tell me not to be Hate'n. I hate that. People seem to forget that hating something isn't illegal, morally incorrect, etc. Its perfectly fine. It shows a complete disagreement with a position, view, etc. It also is positive in many ways. It can cause people to act to change what they hate. In this case, the notion that large rims are good or even look good. It will die its death soon enough, just like DOPI is, and the IROC rejects did, giant clocks on neck chains, etc. Just a matter of time. Good taste endures. Junk rots. PS I hate baggie jeans also. ;)
Okay, I get it, no need to write an essay about the psycological benefits of expressing opinions. Besides, I didn't say you were hatin, I just said to take it easy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
171 Posts
I've seen 26" wheels but the tires look like pancakes not to mention you gotta' take it slow on bumps and watch the potholes. They'll definately bend 26" wheels with thin tires. Check out this pic I posted a while back.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
159 Posts
Now you guys got TB going about rims again, Just kidding Tb... I never even spent over 4 g's for my 24's with tires and a lifetime warrenty. I got the rims right after I bout my Armada, I dealt with KMC direct and they hooked it up. 10 g's for rims thats a rip off for sure... That Titan you posted TB is for sure whack...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
Armada_24s said:
Now you guys got TB going about rims again, Just kidding Tb... I never even spent over 4 g's for my 24's with tires and a lifetime warrenty. I got the rims right after I bout my Armada, I dealt with KMC direct and they hooked it up. 10 g's for rims thats a rip off for sure... That Titan you posted TB is for sure whack...
Like your wheel setup. Have you ever taken a wheel off and put it on a scale. Your wheels look lighter than most 22 and 24's I've seen.
stock wheel/tire setup is I believe 72lbs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
Flame on!

Hecdog, DUBS is a periodical. I hate the magazine called DUBS and everything associated with it. 22" wheels are pushing it but OK on a full size SUV. On other vehicles, riduculous. Greater than 22", in other words 24" and larger wheels, are obnoxious and done mostly for self promotion. I don't see any mixed message, etc. DUBS isn't a definition of a specific wheel size. Its Dumb Urban BS. I picked my side long ago. If you are street only, 22" is pushing it, but will work. Greater is just getting crazy. If you do any towing or anything the SU stands for in SUV, 20" is pushing it.

I want a tire that is 33.2" in diameter, 12.2" tall. The toyo you were looking at is 1" too tall and wouldn't fit without a lift, which wasn't available when I upgraded.

Thanks for not saying stop hating. I've gotten that before and it was a preemptive strike. Now I can copy paste it so I don't have to retype it everytime some PC BS artist tells me to stop hatin'.

I spent $2200 on 20" rims and get as much "sweat" as the next guy. Don't really care. I got them for performance in off road and snow. Personally, I'd rather have the stock ones as they attract less law enforcement attention but as I said, I can't get a good all terrain tire to fit on the stock 18" rims.

However, help may be on the way for others. Bridgestone announced they will begin making the dueler revos in stock Mada/Titan sizes by next summer. As for me, now that I have 20" rims, more importantly, 9" wide rims, I will stick with 20s. Eventually, I'll probably have 35" with a lift.

In the meantime, keep your 28" rims, baggie pants, and sideways hats away from me. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12 Posts
92 triple black...................Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............you see this guys profile? 1998 posts!!!!!!!!!!! Borders a bit on the obsessive don't you think? Lets say each post takes him five minutes.....that's over a week of his life in front of his computer just posting to this site. Some friendly advice sir; get off your a$$, go outside, and polish your twenty inch rims. Hell, just go outside, see the sun and recharge your melanocytes (your probably a bit pastey from all that posting (pardon the alliteration)).
:confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
159 Posts
TB you care too much about people posting about big rims, like you said in your past post this is a site to help each other out. You give lots of advice but man you are really redundent about the big rims thing. Let the pople of the big rim threads be... You got your 20's with big tires we got our big rims with big tires. Its all self expression, if someone wants to brag about what they have and what they spent let them. You do the same thing listing all your cars and having your vette as your avatar on a "Armada" forum. Come on now bro it's over give it up, let everyone be and help those with tech questions, your good at that. You spend too much time on this website. :comphead:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
264 Posts
Armada_24s said:
TB you care too much about people posting about big rims, like you said in your past post this is a site to help each other out. You give lots of advice but man you are really redundent about the big rims thing. Let the pople of the big rim threads be... You got your 20's with big tires we got our big rims with big tires. Its all self expression, if someone wants to brag about what they have and what they spent let them. You do the same thing listing all your cars and having your vette as your avatar on a "Armada" forum. Come on now bro it's over give it up, let everyone be and help those with tech questions, your good at that. You spend too much time on this website. :comphead:

FYI you guys arent gonna win this arguement, lol. The only arguement TB has lost on a forum was at titan talk and that was about americans cars vs import/japanese cars. Also I agree with both sides but if your looking for "Bling" look w/o sacraficing offroad performance and towing capacity then 20's are the perfect compromise for that person. Personally i dont see anything wrong with having big wheels i just cant stand lowered trucks its stupid pointless and plain looks bad. :noworries
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
487 Posts
this shouldn't even be an argument. if some peep likes big wheels or small wheels so what? what if a person don't go offroading or towing anything does that mean they are stupid or crazy for getting them? what's annoying is when someone said something about big rims and peeps start calling them crazy, stupid, or obnoxious. i think it's the other way around. why can't you just respect their decision if they like bigger rims? better yet if you don't have anything nice to say just don't say it at all.

now if they as for an advice just tell them the pros and cons on big rims. no need for name calling or things like that.. we are all adults here lets act like one. peace out..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
159 Posts
brysig228 said:
this shouldn't even be an argument. if some peep likes big wheels or small wheels so what? what if a person don't go offroading or towing anything does that mean they are stupid or crazy for getting them? what's annoying is when someone said something about big rims and peeps start calling them crazy, stupid, or obnoxious. i think it's the other way around. why can't you just respect their decision if they like bigger rims? better yet if you don't have anything nice to say just don't say it at all.

now if they as for an advice just tell them the pros and cons on big rims. no need for name calling or things like that.. we are all adults here lets act like one. peace out..
Thats TB for you... Everyone on this forum will one day run into him...

You know what I hate though people with liftted trucks and suvs that dont do anything more then I do. Just use it for everyday use. Never even seen the dirt, no that I think is real bad, maybe even worst... Thats just me though... I got my 24's and I like them I dont care what people say and no I didnt spend 10 g's on them either...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
654 Posts
Wheels are wheels, who cares.

Its not about how much money you spent, its what you personally like

I dont care what others say, I dont tow, go offroading in my 24's. I put on the stock rims 17 " to do that. I dont wear baggy pants, or my hat to the side. I didnt even spend $2200 on my rims , spent less.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
487 Posts
ockevin said:
Wheels are wheels, who cares.

Its not about how much money you spent, its what you personally like

I dont care what others say, I dont tow, go offroading in my 24's. I put on the stock rims 17 " to do that. I dont wear baggy pants, or my hat to the side. I didnt even spend $2200 on my rims , spent less.
that's what i'll say.. if you like it who cares what anyone else say..
:191:
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top