Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my HID kit and was wondering where some of you placed your ballast I was going to put it on the flat peice behind the driver side headlight but I couldnt take it off... Let me know show me some pictures so that I can see the best place to put it...

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I installed it on the little tray just below the headlight fixture, perfect fit, I would assume that it is there for the Infinity that has the HID's in them. Some double sided tape and that thing is going nowhere.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Same here. I recommend 3M emblem tape. You can get it from good auto parts stores. ;)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
92TripleBlack said:
Same here. I recommend 3M emblem tape. You can get it from good auto parts stores. ;)
Im assuming this was for both sides?
How did you get it there did you need to take the head light out?
The kit I have has brackets that clamp onto the ballast and the mounts screw in.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Mine came with brackets as well, but I didn't use them, I used the tape instead. As I stated earlier I am confident that it is going nowhere, I put the first one down a bit prematurely and tried to move it. No such luck that thing was stuck. Brackets are sitting in the box, the lights are working great.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Armada_24s said:
Im assuming this was for both sides?
How did you get it there did you need to take the head light out?
The kit I have has brackets that clamp onto the ballast and the mounts screw in.
Take one philips head screw out of the tire well liner. The one closest to the headlights. Bend the liner back. You now have full access to the headlight bulbs and the shelf for the ballast. Do not remove the headlights. Takes forever, unnecessary, and then you need to realign them. This is the way the owners manaul details changing the headlight bulbs.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Take one philips head screw out of the tire well liner. The one closest to the headlights. Bend the liner back. You now have full access to the headlight bulbs and the shelf for the ballast. Do not remove the headlights. Takes forever, unnecessary, and then you need to realign them. This is the way the owners manaul details changing the headlight bulbs.
this is good to know.. if that was me replacing the bulb i would've took the headligths off. is it obvious that i don't read the manual? who needs the manual when you have clubarmada? thanks for the tip.
:excellent

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed everything already and just wanted to make sure I had the ballast in a secure spot thats why I wanted to acctually screw the bracket in. But it sounds like I gotta get some heavyduty double side and Ill be ok. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Armada_24s said:
I installed everything already and just wanted to make sure I had the ballast in a secure spot thats why I wanted to acctually screw the bracket in. But it sounds like I gotta get some heavyduty double side and Ill be ok. Thanks guys
The tape works great. I used the 3M tape to hold my fender flares onto the vette. I can put my body weight on them and they don't budge. One got hit by a snow plow and the flare tore but the tape held. Its the same stuff manufacturers use to hold emblems onto the body. Costs $10 but you get a big roll and its worth it. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.