Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now my kid (who post on this forum 60 % of the time) is begging me to put on some aftermarket performance mods on our Q and i think im convinced. From reading through the post it seems like if i get a volant intake im gonna need a different set of exhaust so are there any you guys recommend? I prefer the look of the borlas since im used to seeing straight out dual exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
SilverQShip said:
Right now my kid (who post on this forum 60 % of the time) is begging me to put on some aftermarket performance mods on our Q and i think im convinced. From reading through the post it seems like if i get a volant intake im gonna need a different set of exhaust so are there any you guys recommend? I prefer the look of the borlas since im used to seeing straight out dual exhaust.
I like the look of the borla too, but if you read through the performance modification threads, you will find that the single exhaust makes more sense in performance. but at the end its up to you, if you want more looks or more performance ;)

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Love the Borla's too. I think you can hear them on the Titan site.

SilverQShip said:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Borla, Gibson, Magnaflow, Flowmaster. All good stuff. Personally, I'd like to hear them on an Armada before buying. They sound different on each vehicle. I think the Borla is the nicest looking and the Gibson has the most power. Any should be better than stock though. ;)

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've narrowed it down to the Gibson and Borla i've seen the Borla on a few Armadas and it looks F'in aggressive i havent seen Gibson's (Gibson spilt rear exhaust) on a Mada so i'm searching around.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
The Borla sound clips I've heard sounded MEAN! I loved it. Only thing is, they can only do a rear exit on the Armada. When I priced the Borla it didn't fit the Armada- do they make a kit now that does?

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Borla Exhaust

I have this wish .... for at least one Armada owner with a pure Borla duals system to collect a sound byte and put it up for us. Every alleged Borla sound byte I have been able to find is either a totally different vehicle, or someone with a mixture of Borla and other components. C'mon, somebody out there has to have one they could record and post, PLEASE.

By the way, SCR, the Borla 140088 is specifically for the Armada, their "true dual" set up which has L&R rear exit, only. Here it is:

http://www.borla.com/applications/l...ada+LEStainless_Steel_Cat-Back_System/140088/

There's a great link from this page to their installation instructions which graphically show the set-up.

Regards

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I know this question was asked before and couldn't find it. How do you upload sound bytes?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Go Borla

I just ordered the Borla and a K&N set up to replace the factory (restrictor) airfilter box. The Borla is pure performance and crafted to a much higher standard than all other systems (million mile warranty) utilizing aircraft quality stainless. I think the sound is much more fitting to the Armada and QX and not overly loud unless you lay into it. The other set up like the Gibson or banks are nice but too loud for my taste and IMO better suited for a PU. The Borla is definitely more expensive but I think will be worth the extra.

If you do go Borla expect to wait until Dec. They have a production run this (Nov) month. Summit Racing seems to have the best price as well. The Borla everywhere you look will be a “special order” and most likely not stocked.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Borla Exhaust

Have you had a chance to compair the Borla and Gibson on an Armada? I was told the Gibson was the quitest of the Cat Backs so that is what I bought. I think my Gibson is a little loud for my taste.

QUOTE=SE Off Road1]I just ordered the Borla and a K&N set up to replace the factory (restrictor) airfilter box. The Borla is pure performance and crafted to a much higher standard than all other systems (million mile warranty) utilizing aircraft quality stainless. I think the sound is much more fitting to the Armada and QX and not overly loud unless you lay into it. The other set up like the Gibson or banks are nice but too loud for my taste and IMO better suited for a PU. The Borla is definitely more expensive but I think will be worth the extra.

If you do go Borla expect to wait until Dec. They have a production run this (Nov) month. Summit Racing seems to have the best price as well. The Borla everywhere you look will be a “special order” and most likely not stocked.[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Gunslinger,

Click "Manage attachments" and browse to the file, then click upload. If you don't see the manage attachments button click "Go Advanced" when you're composing a message.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
alcadiente said:
Have you had a chance to compair the Borla and Gibson on an Armada? I was told the Gibson was the quitest of the Cat Backs so that is what I bought. I think my Gibson is a little loud for my taste.

stocked.
[/QUOTE]

That’s the nice things about the Borla, it is not loud, it is just sweet sounding. I have not heard one on the Mada yet, but on all other similar full size trucks they seem to have there own distinct sound. If you have not heard a Borla system it is hard to explain. Not loud, not quiet, just deep and throaty. I think it is the most refined sounding exhausts on the market. I look forward to getting the K&N and Borla installed....hopefully soon. Please send my exhaust if you are reading this Borla!! :comphead:

Who told you the Gibson was quieter than the Borla. I agree the Gibson is a bit loud for my tastes on an SUV. Nice sound on a pick up though.

To dispel any myths, you will not loose torque with the install of a Borla or Dual System. The Dyno results with the Borla on the Mada and Titan show a substantial increase in HP and Torque

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
SE Off Road1 said:
To dispel any myths, you will not loose torque with the install of a Borla or Dual System. The Dyno results with the Borla on the Mada and Titan show a substantial increase in HP and Torque
I think everyone agrees that it has hp and torque gains above 4,000 rpm, but what concerns me are torque loses in the 1,500-3,000 rpm range where most of us spend 90% of time at.

I honestly am considering going to Gibson just for the sound. Power is good enough stock for me. I just don't want to lose any low rpm grunt. I still am looking for an Armada/TItan with Borla to hear it before deciding.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
???

Hope this doesn't seem like i'm jacking this thread but, I went to the borla website (also interested in an exhuast sys.) and noticed they only had a system for the armada (and I have a QX)... Do both models have the same underneath (piping and all)??? Jus wanted to make sure b4 i bought anything, plus the mother that started this thread said it was for a QX... I'd go to the dealer and ask, but I not sure how much help they would be... thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
boo5o3 said:
Hope this doesn't seem like i'm jacking this thread but, I went to the borla website (also interested in an exhuast sys.) and noticed they only had a system for the armada (and I have a QX)... Do both models have the same underneath (piping and all)??? Jus wanted to make sure b4 i bought anything, plus the mother that started this thread said it was for a QX... I'd go to the dealer and ask, but I not sure how much help they would be... thanks in advance...
Mama know, mama knows child :D . Im pretty sure everything underneath is all the same with the Qx and Armada, but you should check with triple black.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
U have probably seen my recent post re: Gibson, but I am very very pleased so far with the look (OEM), sound, and performance of my SS single side swept. Just enough throaty sound to know I have done something, but in fact, it could be a little louder sometimes, IMHO...but think the duals are two loud for my liking....with reported more drone at speed. Not knocking Borla b/c I think both are GREAT top of the line systems. But the MSRP for the Borla is like $900+ (duals, I think) and I got my Gibson for $500. Maybe the Borla single, do they make it?...Would be more inexpensive than $900? Anyway...I say go for. Probably can't go wrong with either, but I am fairly picky about how my ride sounds and do NOT want raspy, loud, glasspack type sound at ANY speed coming from ride. So I am pleased with my choice. I chose Gibson b/c of the performance issue with duals and *where* it makes the power improvements. Single seems to make it in the 1800-3000 rpm range which is where I tow most in. Just my $.02/worth. I do think the Borla's look SWEET, BTW!
:3d_004:

SilverQShip said:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
boo5o3 said:
They should be the same. I can't think of any differences underneath, except the spare would be chrome. ;)

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Cheaper then website

So does anyone know of a web shop that's cheaper then the Borla website??? I agree $900 is a lil deep, but if ya want performance and look good you gotta pay the price?!?!?! :cool: But it sucks if your pockets aren't so deep... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.