Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

361 - 380 of 389 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I hit 360K the other day on my '07 LE. I bought it new and it's never been in a shop for anything other than tires. I change the oil/filter every 5k-7.5k, but have never changed the trans fluid. Yup, it has the original trans fluid and filter. It's my everyday driver (80+ miles per day) and have made 6 round trips from MD to northern NJ and a trip to Niagara Falls from MD in the last 2 months.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Awesome HLKSMSH !!!

just crept over 410K miles Myself;
Original Motor & Transmission.....but over the Year's, had a couple of Necessary Repairs needed....

Post some Pic's when You get a chance !! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
2009 LE, 239322.00, motor still strong, like to munch on rear wheel bearings for snacks, small manifold sputter, air shocks shot but put this on the highway at 75 mph and it's still a dream drive. 300k is my goal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had an 05 LE with 246K on it when sold. Due to the history, my wife replaced it with a 2018 Platinum. Only work that was ever done was tires, breaks, wipers, oil, and filter changes. Which is why we stuck with what worked. Wife loves the new one.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I hit 360K the other day on my '07 LE. I bought it new and it's never been in a shop for anything other than tires. I change the oil/filter every 5k-7.5k, but have never changed the trans fluid. Yup, it has the original trans fluid and filter. It's my everyday driver (80+ miles per day) and have made 6 round trips from MD to northern NJ and a trip to Niagara Falls from MD in the last 2 months.
That is awesome! I also has a 2007 and really like it. It is starting to show it's age and I have been thinking of selling it. It has 160K and runs great. I may keep it after reading about your success!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2009 LE. 290,000 and going strong. Original engine and tranny. Just got back from a MS to Ohio round trip. A few creaks and squeaks but otherwise a great ride. ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
2009 LE, 239322.00, motor still strong, like to munch on rear wheel bearings for snacks, small manifold sputter, air shocks shot but put this on the highway at 75 mph and it's still a dream drive. 300k is my goal.
wheel bearings? do you have over sized tires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2009 LE just turned 245,000.00 and finally ordered Strutmasters air suspension replacement kit so hopefully will save on rear tires and overall wheel bearing wear. I love my "Beast" shooting for 300k. Just a kudo to the Armada, it made Tampa Fla. to Southeast Pa. over Christmas Break and kept my son and I on the road safe and sound and very close to 16mpg average in the 15.5 hr straight drive.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Just hit this, a couple days ago;

was trying to respond to the Inquiry about what "Necessary Repairs" I had done, over the Span of the near 13 Years I've Owned My Death-Star;
here were some of the Biggies:
  • Fuel Pump was the Most Epic, but also Most Frustrating (since it was a Misdiagnosed Issue from a Previous Dealership {in Colorado Springs}, which made Me irate)
    *but I will say, that the Senior-Tech at Coulter Nissan {Surprise, AZ} was My go to, from the Time He Diagnosed Correctly & Fixed My SUV
  • Front Differential (a seal had worn out, unknowingly to Me, and dried the internals, which ruined & ground down the gear), & had to be replaced [it was completed in Billings, which the only good about that, was that it was Tax-Free] {the bad was, that it wasn't installed properly, and had to be fixed again, in under 24 Month's, which by My Mileage in that time, voided any potential to be covered by the Installing Dealership} (fixed that Problem at the Colorado Springs Dealership, but as You might have seen from the previously listed Major Fix, was the Same Dealership that misdiagnosed My Fuel Pump Issue)
  • I had 2 Wheel Bearing Issue's (at different times over My Lifetime of owning the Armada) both on Driver's Side (rear was first, over 5 yrs ago) {front just happened recently Winter 2019}
  • in 2011, My Radiator Connector (which was a plastic piece, atop the Radiator) cracked/broke, and had to be replaced (work done at Dealership in Ft Collins, CO.), and because it was all one piece, entire Radiator had to be replaced {in 2014, I changed that one out with the 3-core Radiator from Stillen (still going strong)}

I have been beyond blessed with this SUV, My Death-Star.....from the Moment I found it, the GREAT Deal on Purchasing it, to all the Journey's it has been on across the 48-Contiguous.....it gets treated better than I treat Myself
  • PREMIUM Fuel ONLY since Day-1 [93 in bigger Cities, 90 if I was in smaller Mid-West States]
  • I'm impartial to the Purple, so it gets the Fuel Treatment, Cleaner & Octane Booster once a Month (with My Driving)
  • & The Purple for Oil Changes with Mobil-1 Filter (which now offers an Extended Life Filter) {but still done every 6K miles (only went to 10K miles twice in SUV's lifespan)}
I really hope You guy's Enjoy the heck out of Your Investments; I really marvel over all the thing's You guy's discuss on here, and for many of You to have the gift of Great Vehicle Knowledge, I am envious....
I truly hope that one day, if there is ever any get together's that take place throughout the Year, that I can meet up & share Stories with You guy's.....

Over the Year's that ClubArmada has been going, I wonder sometimes, about the Members who Joined because they Owned an Armada, but then sold it, & are no longer here (kudos to those who stuck around, regardless).....I am glad to be a Member & Thankful for all Your Sharings......

Much Appreciated,
Forever, Thee Road Warrior !!!!
(Jersey Boy)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I noticed in this pic you are driving in 4th gear. Is that because you are towing ? If not why would you not be in "D''?

The first time I test drove the Armada I thought it was meant to be in 4 and Not "D" and wonder how many people have made the same mistake.
just My Opinion,
but "D" just feels like an Overdrive version of 4th....
I wouldn't necessarily have thought it was a Mistake to be in 4th, often or continuously, but I would be inquisitive to know why this may be harmful or a mistake.....

361 - 380 of 389 Posts