Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a couple headrest monitors installed and my audio low. Installers said they where gonna put it an amp to boost the sound. Hope that helps. They hard wired thru the AUX on the head unit and was wondering if I should still be able to use my rear controls.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
bootyologist24 said:
Just had a couple headrest monitors installed and my audio low. Installers said they where gonna put it an amp to boost the sound. Hope that helps. They hard wired thru the AUX on the head unit and was wondering if I should still be able to use my rear controls.

The AUX doesn't go to the rear controls. You need to add a line driver to boost your audio. Do a google search for PIE LD1 or LD-1. I think they are around $35. PAC has something similiar caller turbo1 or turbo-1

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
llajumpvid said:
The AUX doesn't go to the rear controls. You need to add a line driver to boost your audio. Do a google search for PIE LD1 or LD-1. I think they are around $35. PAC has something similiar caller turbo1 or turbo-1
Man I should of just PM you. U were the one I figured would respond. Thanks for the tip/info. Should I be able to use the factory IR on the back controls for the wireless headsets. They installed another IR port in the center of the truck where the factory 7" DVD goes. When I use the headset it interferes with the factory IR on the back controls and the one they installed. I noticed when i put tape over the factory IR on the back control panel the sound is better. It seems as if they are crossing on each other. Why would they install a seperate IR. Arent I supose to be able to use the factory IR, and how should it be wired if possible.

Oh and another thing. They installed a couple of power supply units for my Game Consol. Neither have power going to them. Other than them doing it wrong which is obvious, where should I look to see if it is connected properly. They put two pwer supply boxes for some reason. One with RCA Jacks and the other without. Know why???
TIA

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
They probably don't know how to hook into the factory DVD input. The AUX don't go to the rear so they needed to add the IR transmitter. I would take down the overhead and put some tape on the backside of the factory window..so you don't see the tape to block off the two interfering....Just thought of something do you still get the interference even if the headphone button on the dash is not pressed? You shouldn't need to push that button as I think it activates the factory IR and you have a seperate\independant transmitter. If its not pushed and you are still getting interference it is probably transmitting whatever is playing on the HU.

I don't have any idea how they would of hooked up your game ports (two of them?). You say one has RCA's, I would guess that is just plugged into your DVD for AUX and the other is a power inverter. Sorry I can't help you there.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
llajumpvid said:
Just thought of something do you still get the interference even if the headphone button on the dash is not pressed? You shouldn't need to push that button as I think it activates the factory IR and you have a seperate\independant transmitter. If its not pushed and you are still getting interference it is probably transmitting whatever is playing on the HU.

I put tape on the outside. Some black elctrical tape so you cant even notice it. I may put it on the inside just cause I'm anal like that. I like keeping things clean. But yeah, it helped No interference of the two receivers when I cover the factory IR. I havent tried not turning on the headset button in front to keep the Factory IR from being activated.

I don't have any idea how they would of hooked up your game ports (two of them?). You say one has RCA's, I would guess that is just plugged into your DVD for AUX and the other is a power inverter. Sorry I can't help you there.
Lets say I take out one of the power boxes. The one without the RCA jacks. Where would I be able to install the box that has the RCA's and outlet to where I would be able to get either constant power (has an on/off switch on the box), or power when the car is turned on/off. I think it may be better to have it connected to where it would turn off/on thru the ignition in case the kids forget to power off the box. The kids eventualy will forget to switch it off. So it would be safer to have it connected to the ignition

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I'm not sure what exactly you have going on so I can't give any advice. Maybe take a few pictures. If you have an inverter you might want to run a wire straight from the fuse box as it might pull too much on a tapped wire and cause some problems down the road.....can you not take it back to the place that installed it and have them fix it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts