Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May as well kick this forum off with a simple topic. I've installed a bug deflector and windscreen for my sunroof thus far -- and the sunroof screen really helped with the wind noise. In light of this, I'm thinking very seriously about putting the winddeflectors on my doors -- wondering which ones are appropriate - and if anyone has done so on theirs?? THe wind noise with the windows down on the Armada is atrocious... :eek: THanks

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I've not yet installed them on my Armada (I've only had it for 96 hours now!!), but I had side window deflectors on my Pathfinder - and they were great. It was so nice to be able to get fresh air regardless of weather. It also helps in the summer because you can leave your windows down an inch or so and not only is the vehicle still secure - but it's getting fresh air inside. Rain is not a worry, as it can't get in!

I have seen side window deflectors for the Armada on E-Bay. They average $39.00 or so. I plan to add them to mine soon! My only advice would be to spend the extra few dollars and get the genuine Nissan parts, as some of the after-market deflectors look a bit cheezy.

Drew

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
umytbnext said:
I've not yet installed them on my Armada (I've only had it for 96 hours now!!), but I had side window deflectors on my Pathfinder - and they were great. It was so nice to be able to get fresh air regardless of weather. It also helps in the summer because you can leave your windows down an inch or so and not only is the vehicle still secure - but it's getting fresh air inside. Rain is not a worry, as it can't get in!

I have seen side window deflectors for the Armada on E-Bay. They average $39.00 or so. I plan to add them to mine soon! My only advice would be to spend the extra few dollars and get the genuine Nissan parts, as some of the after-market deflectors look a bit cheezy.

Drew

Cool - if you get yours on soon -- post a pic. That's really the only thing that's kept me from putting them on yet, is I want to see how they look.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
EightmanVT said:
May as well kick this forum off with a simple topic. I've installed a bug deflector and windscreen for my sunroof thus far -- and the sunroof screen really helped with the wind noise. In light of this, I'm thinking very seriously about putting the winddeflectors on my doors -- wondering which ones are appropriate - and if anyone has done so on theirs?? THe wind noise with the windows down on the Armada is atrocious... :eek: THanks
Weatherflectors, functional in letting the windows be cracked some without the throbbing wind noise and when parked it's not noticable that the windows are down some. Get the light tint as the dark will probably add another inch or so to the huge blind spot that the A-pillar and mirror already create.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
llajumpvid said:
Weatherflectors, functional in letting the windows be cracked some without the throbbing wind noise and when parked it's not noticable that the windows are down some. Get the light tint as the dark will probably add another inch or so to the huge blind spot that the A-pillar and mirror already create.
Yeah -- that's definitely a good point. I'd still love to see some pics of them installed. No matter what, I have to get some, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Will soon -- and will post pics once installed.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
EightmanVT said:
Yeah -- that's definitely a good point. I'd still love to see some pics of them installed. No matter what, I have to get some, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Will soon -- and will post pics once installed.
Here's the best photo I have showing them

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
EightmanVT said:
Hey -- excellent....thanks. Where did you buy them???
I think I got them here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
llajumpvid
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing