Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I had the window rattle TSB done, and they also replaced my window regulators. The rattles are gone!

I know there are a lot of you who are having this issue as well- I got to wondering after talking to the Nissan guy about something. When you roll your front driver or passenger side windows down, do the windows "bounce" as they're coming down? Mine were really bad on both sides. The nissan engineer guy said that replacing the regulators was what was going to fix the rattles because the ones I had allowed some play causing the vibration noise. I've read of people who have had the TSB but haven't had their regulators replaced, and the TSB didn't fix the rattling.

So I guess the point is, the window bounce is an indicator that your regulators are bad, and the TSB alone won't fix your problem.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Thanks! The front window rattles is the #1 irritation I have. I'll go to dealer to get them to do this fix. I had the TSB done but nothing changed.
My rear windows bounce going down even more.

I hope my dealer doesn't push back on me. They don't seem to interested in helping me.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
At what point were your windows rattling? All the way up, partially or all the way down? Reason why I am asking is because I get this sound that comes from between the door and the frame when I am driving and the window is all the way up. It sounds and looks like the entire door is vibrating when hitting bumps on the road. If I put my pinky between the door and the frame when driving, the sound goes away. I wouldn't call it a rattle, because it doesnt sound like it is metal on metal. It sounds like something is rubbing, like the two seals are rubbing because the door has so much play in it.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
The best description is that when I drive slowly with windows up, it sounds like its raining. It just crackles and rattles and creeks.
When the window is open, it goes away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts