Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THinking about going to get my windows tinted today, what's the best % to match the rear windows. And what is the % of the rear windows? :confused:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
PACMANEJ said:
THinking about going to get my windows tinted today, what's the best % to match the rear windows. And what is the % of the rear windows? :confused:
Your tint guy will be able to answer that question for you. I went even darker on the rear and then used 20% on the front I think. Just keep in mind that if you match the rear tint, it is likely to be "technically" illegal. Each state has different requirements, but chances are you will end up with different tint levels in the front. You can usually get away with going a little darker than the legal limit, but you could get a ticket. Your tint guy should know the legal limit in your state.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
20% gave me a good match. They are maybe a little lighter but not noticable.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I just got mine done last week at 20% and I think it looks :excellent. Let me know if you would like me to post pics.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Can anyone give estimated costs?

For the front windows only?

I am actually planning to tint all the windows with 20% because the back windows are not enough to shade my kids. I haven't been able to go get an estimate. Anyone know or have got estimates for all the windows?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
ARMADAinSMOKE said:
Can anyone give estimated costs?

For the front windows only?

I am actually planning to tint all the windows with 20% because the back windows are not enough to shade my kids. I haven't been able to go get an estimate. Anyone know or have got estimates for all the windows?
For the front two windows you should be able to get high quality tint for around $50-$70. I think there was a thread on TT about a year ago on cost. It ranged between $50 to $100 I believe, but there were more around the $50-$70 range.

The back windows are already at 20% +/-, so you are wanting 20% on top of them? which would make it like 4% if the second layer cuts the first layers though lite to 20%. (limo I think is 5%)

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I pay for my $170.00 I got limo tint on the back; you can’t see anything from the outside.

I really can’t remember the % of the front windows.
:comphead:

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I am actually going to put 35% all around so the back end up to be around limo tint. I got my TL done for about $150 all around. I was thinking about 250-300 for the Armada all around. Can anyone confirm for all windows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts