Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wiper blades aren't doing the job they should be doing, probably because the good old Arizona sun has dried them out. Do I need to go to the dealer to get a replacement set, or do places like Auto Zone or Pep Boys have ones that will do a good job?

Thanks
Ken

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Ken,

I went to Auto zone and bought Bosch wiper blades, they work alot better than the stock blades. I am in sunny CA, so plenty hot here.

They are not the same size on Left and right.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
You also may want to try PIAA. They make silicon wiper blades that won't dry out. ;)

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip about the different sizes. I went to the PIAA web site, the drivers side is 24" and the passenger side is 21". The silicon sounds like a good idea. The dealer search indicated the PIAA doesn't have any stores in my area, I will have to shop around.

Thanks for the replies.

Ken

·
Banned
1,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm...I wasn't looking to replace the entire arm, just get a refill for the blade. Most places I checked, the shipping is 50% of the cost of the refill. I would like to avoid shipping, besides I would hate not to have the new blades for the one rain storm we have all year :D

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
It comes the blade and the rubber. You can buy the refills after these wear out, but that will take over a year the way these things last. The refills are half the price of the blades or more. These suckers last forever.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
i was driving aroun 80-90 mph in the rain this weekend and the OEM wipres wouldnt stick the the window...the wind just lifted them up...i got the
PIAA Sporza wipers now they come with the little spoiler thing on them so the wind gives them down force...i havent tried them yet on the highway but we will see.

fiddlyD

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ockevin said:
Ken,

I got the arm for $9.97 and the blade refill was $7.47 . It was easier to just replace the whole arm and put them on in less than a minute.

Thanks, that sounds like what I'm looking for, I plan on going by on the way home from work and picking up a set.

Ken

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jason B said:
You can't put the piaa refill in the stock arm. Maybe you meant just getting new Nissan refills, and not the piaa.
Thanks Jason, that does make sense, and I was wondering if that were the case. Sounds like a good thing to put on my Christmas list.

Ken

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
Ok, cool. Yes, once you get the piaas from my site, they come with a new piaa blade/arm, with new piaa insert installed. Later you can just buy the piaa insert, since you will have their arm, for less.

I've yet to sell anyone new piaa inserts for the past YEAR! This means, they do seem to last.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.