Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody had to begin this thread, so I guess I will!

Man is this ALL new Nissan Pathfinder for 2005 nice! This will be yet another winning design for Nissan. It seems a little expensive, until you price out a comparable 4-Runner. Anyway, who has had the opportunity to see one up close and drive one, and what did you think?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
welcome

Hey, welcome to the fold.... :D

Syko
SykoKustomz

Wisconsin

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I haven't driven one, but I check it out when I take my truck in (oil changes, inevitable repairs, lol). They look sharp. I like how they went straight across the top vs. the arch the armadas have.. it looks much cleaner. Great improvement over the older Pathfinder!!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
OffRoadinArmada said:
I haven't driven one, but I check it out when I take my truck in (oil changes, inevitable repairs, lol). They look sharp. I like how they went straight across the top vs. the arch the armadas have.. it looks much cleaner. Great improvement over the older Pathfinder!!
It is a nice ride, as long as you don't need the 2nd and 3rd row room.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Very Pleased

Been driving my '05 Super Black for about 2 weeks. LOVE IT! I went for the offroad trim and easy clean cargo area look of the offroad SE - just punched it up with the leather, sound, and sunroof. :cool:

Gonna have plenty of chances to roll into Tahoe in the seasons to come!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Had a chance to drive one was a loaner when my armada was in for service.A little cramped just used to my beast i guess still its a nice truck

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Thumbz Down on the pathfinder

Gotta say I loved the pathfinder from looking at it on the web till I actually seen one in person, The shape on the back is UUUUUGLY. When I test drove one I felt like I was in a closet. Then I test drove the Armada with my heart set on a escalade, and instantly fell in love with the Armada. I was very impressed with the Armada's inside room (felt like I was in a Limo) and especially impressed with how well it felt when I DROVE IT compared to the escalade. Gonna buy one this week for sure. :D

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I like the look of the Armada's baby bro. How's the seating room? How many male adults can fit in it reasonably?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
new-nissansDOTcom said:
Somebody had to begin this thread, so I guess I will!

Man is this ALL new Nissan Pathfinder for 2005 nice! This will be yet another winning design for Nissan. It seems a little expensive, until you price out a comparable 4-Runner. Anyway, who has had the opportunity to see one up close and drive one, and what did you think?

I have to be honest, I owned a 2003 4-Runner V8 Sport and it was way nicer than the new Pathfinders. The entire vehicle is more refined, from the silky smoothness of the engine and transmission to the electronic climate control (I am still absolutely amazed that Nissan is going with a 90's style knob control for heat/ac - even my $23,000 Honda accord has electronic climate control. It amazes me that Nissan doesn't offer it. What is even more amazing is that the Infinity's share the same system.). I'm not bashing the Pathfinder's, I think they are kinda cool looking - but - the 4-Runners are much much nicer for the money.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I traided my 04' 4 runner in for my Armada. The 4 runner was great. I only traded for the room and the great deal nissan offered me. I like the new pathfinder also but would have to go 4 runner over the pathfinder.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Ymryl said:
I have to be honest, I owned a 2003 4-Runner V8 Sport and it was way nicer than the new Pathfinders. The entire vehicle is more refined, from the silky smoothness of the engine and transmission to the electronic climate control (I am still absolutely amazed that Nissan is going with a 90's style knob control for heat/ac - even my $23,000 Honda accord has electronic climate control. It amazes me that Nissan doesn't offer it. What is even more amazing is that the Infinity's share the same system.). I'm not bashing the Pathfinder's, I think they are kinda cool looking - but - the 4-Runners are much much nicer for the money.
The PF has auto climate as an option. The 4runner is nice....for about $4-5000 more.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Here's my 'Mada and Pathfinder subjective comparison for 2nd & 3rd row seats:

2nd row in pathfinder seemed is ok for adults - I put the drivers seat back all the way (which is what I'd have to do if driving it) and then sat behind the drivers seat. (I'm 6'1") I didn't have any legroom problems that would prevent me sitting there for a few hrs journey.

3rd row is strictly for kids though - I couldn't even sit in it properly because my knees hit the back of the 2nd row seat and required me to take up the entire back row (spread-eagle) just to fit. Lovely mental picture there....but I want to be clear it wasn't just cramped - it required contortion for me to get in.

Anyway, maybe if you're 5'8" or smaller, the Pathfinder back is workable, but otherwise forget it.

In the Mada, of course, the 2nd row is cavernous - big enough for a pro basketball player. The 3rd row is usable for about 5'10 and under, I'd say - mainly because of the roof being a little low. I could sit in it, but had to duck my head a little to not touch. Not really comfortable enough for more than a 5 min ride to to the store. Legroom was good enough to where if you fit without headroom problems, the legroom shouldn't be an issue.

My $0.02 worth from annoying the local dealership... :D

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Snobby Toyota

Finally checked out the 4Runner today. Big time deal breaker: drivers seat leg room. If you're 6ft and above you're gonna be hurting after a while. I had to twist my leg/body a little to switch between the accelerator and the brake - every time I needed to move between the two I had to contort. An hour or more of this would be torture. Imagine rush hr stop and go.

Also, what is up with only the V6 having 3rd row seats. The dealership I went to said you basically won't find the V8 with the 3rd row - ultra rare. Maybe they just didn't have any and it's car salesman bs, so whatever. But it's still lame.

I thought I might be able to live with the snobby toyota dealership 'tude if I really liked the vehicle (they seem to have got their drive shaft problem under control in the 4R '05 - only took 4 years when the product is close to being phased out - disgraceful) and T generally have excellent AC (a huge deal to me - really turned me off N for a while there, and I'm still reluctant).

Also checked out the '06 Sequoia - it's looking a little dated, it has to be said. It's a half a**ed full size. The 3rd row is a bit small to call it a real full size. Now the Mada, that's a real full size.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
16 Participants
A1ex
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing