Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded their rear suspension from the auto leveling to something firmer such as OME or King shocks?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to upgrade my front shocks to something firmer to get rid of the floaty feeling. I was worried that if I upgrade the front shocks and don't upgrade the rears, it will cause issues. I believe most front shock upgrades (OME or King) will lift the front slightly.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Maybe call a few of the manufacturers as well.

I run airbags inside my rear coils on my 2018 and run them at a constant 10psi when unloaded. Firms the back end up perfectly. I'm in the Armada from over 10 years of previous pickup ownership, I prefer a firm rear suspension.

I originally purchased the airbags just to supplement the auto leveling system when towing, I haul a 28' camper. They help amazing under that load, but then I found that I like running them with 10psi all the time.

Good luck with the front end. I'd like to know what you end up with.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Maybe call a few of the manufacturers as well.

I run airbags inside my rear coils on my 2018 and run them at a constant 10psi when unloaded. Firms the back end up perfectly. I'm in the Armada from over 10 years of previous pickup ownership, I prefer a firm rear suspension.

I originally purchased the airbags just to supplement the auto leveling system when towing, I haul a 28' camper. They help amazing under that load, but then I found that I like running them with 10psi all the time.

Good luck with the front end. I'd like to know what you end up with.
Which airbag setup did you use? Was it hard to install?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts