Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my Armada with my dvd player, flip down monitor and newly purchased bracket to dampen out the vibration to a local guy to install. It gets installed and I am driving home and I notice the thing vibrating. So, I get home and pull down the console and the damn bracket that I paid $90 for isn't up there. I have tried to call the guy, and he won't answer his phone. I am pretty freakin' mad right now. This was after he charged me an extra $80 ($250 total) to rig the thing directly to the AUX port. :mad: I even asked them if everything was installed and they told me "yes". I find it hard to believe they just "forgot". I hope I am over-reacting and it was just a simple mistake, but I cannot believe a business would do this. I'll post the outcome...

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
thenewguy said:
So I took my Armada with my dvd player, flip down monitor and newly purchased bracket to dampen out the vibration to a local guy to install. It gets installed and I am driving home and I notice the thing vibrating. So, I get home and pull down the console and the damn bracket that I paid $90 for isn't up there. I have tried to call the guy, and he won't answer his phone. I am pretty freakin' mad right now. This was after he charged me an extra $80 ($250 total) to rig the thing directly to the AUX port. :mad: I even asked them if everything was installed and they told me "yes". I find it hard to believe they just "forgot". I hope I am over-reacting and it was just a simple mistake, but I cannot believe a business would do this. I'll post the outcome...
I've seen it all. I saw a car stereo shop use good wire until it was under the carpet, then switch to dental floss thin stuff, saving them a couple bucks. I used to install for a living. I always insist I watch. If they won't let me, I'll go elsewhere. ;)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
That really blows. :mad:

It is always hard to know what kind of work you are getting. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but I get pretty TEED OFF, when they won't make it right.

Refferals always go along way with me!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And to add insult to injury, I just noticed that he put several scratches on my rear center console (right on top in plain view) and he also torn a small piece of leather on the back seat. The car in brand new, so I know these were not there before I dropped the car off. He doesn't open until Monday...this should be interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
That really sucks, I hate hearing about those things. Not answering your phone call is also a bad sign, hope they take care of you man. A shop here did my tv installed. They did cut my headliner a bit to much but the owner of the shop who I have a good relationship with (I use to work in his shop too) he went out of his way to make me a very nice custom bezel to hide the cut. It took his guy a whole day to make and with the way it look that's a job that normally he would charged $200 for.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
if you paid by CC then call your CC company and stop the charge

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I got my bracket back. I showed up at the shop when it first opened and it was sitting in the back. I was told "he must have forgot to install it". Upon questioning about the scratches, I was told "how do you know we did it?"! Also, he said that they should have never taken the job because they didn't make any money on it (I paid $250 for it!) and they normally don't do this type of job. He said they mostly deal with the dealers. He went on to say that the scratches were my fault because I actually drove the car into the bay where the work was done!! WHAT?!?!?! I could not believe this a**hole. I don't think he knew what he was saying...he was just making sh*t up. He actually wasn't the owner, so I asked him to have the owner give me a call...big surprise...he hasn't called me. I am pretty disgusted with the entire experience.

I am in San Antonio. I will wait to talk to the owner before I blast his shop on the internet. Maybe he doesn't know what is going on, but I find that hard to believe. I am going to call him tomorrow. I doubt I will get anything for all this pain.

I don't know if I can stop payment on the credit card, since he did install the dvd player and screen..although I would like to!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
thenewguy said:
Well, I got my bracket back. I showed up at the shop when it first opened and it was sitting in the back. I was told "he must have forgot to install it". Upon questioning about the scratches, I was told "how do you know we did it?"! Also, he said that they should have never taken the job because they didn't make any money on it (I paid $250 for it!) and they normally don't do this type of job. He said they mostly deal with the dealers. He went on to say that the scratches were my fault because I actually drove the car into the bay where the work was done!! WHAT?!?!?! I could not believe this a**hole. I don't think he knew what he was saying...he was just making sh*t up. He actually wasn't the owner, so I asked him to have the owner give me a call...big surprise...he hasn't called me. I am pretty disgusted with the entire experience.

I am in San Antonio. I will wait to talk to the owner before I blast his shop on the internet. Maybe he doesn't know what is going on, but I find that hard to believe. I am going to call him tomorrow. I doubt I will get anything for all this pain.

I don't know if I can stop payment on the credit card, since he did install the dvd player and screen..although I would like to!! :mad:
Stop payment until the job is complete. Fix the problem. You can also tell them they can have the amount you owe minus the repairs for the scratched pieces. Their option, if you want to give it to them. I don't play. They are insured. Its their problem, not yours. Get the owner on the phone and raise cane. :comp26:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I took the step...I called the credit card company and told them my situation and they advised me to challenge the charge. This was after I tried to get in touch with the owner for the 4th time. I don't have all the free time in the world to deal with this, so I took the next step to get it resolved as quick as possible. The credit card company says they will call him tomorrow and tell him I have challenged the charge...that should get his attention!! If he would have just called me, this could have been settled a whole lot easier.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
thenewguy said:
Well, I took the step...I called the credit card company and told them my situation and they advised me to challenge the charge. This was after I tried to get in touch with the owner for the 4th time. I don't have all the free time in the world to deal with this, so I took the next step to get it resolved as quick as possible. The credit card company says they will call him tomorrow and tell him I have challenged the charge...that should get his attention!! If he would have just called me, this could have been settled a whole lot easier.
good for you, I ran into the same situation except I paid cash, I sued the **** and I won, not only did I get my money back, but I had to keep the system :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Good for you. Stick it to the scum bag. I used to install and there were some real jerks out there. At least where I worked, they stood behind their work. Good luck! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.