Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:urthebest I paid someone to wax my Armada with Zaino Z-2 Pro. Let me tell you this is the best car wax I have ever used. What a shine! Easy on, easy off. It even smells good. I recommend it highly. After I paid the guy I realized that it was so easy to apply and take off that I could have done it myself and save $$$$. Zaino has a loyal customer now. NO WHITE RESIDUE!
:urthebest :urthebest :urthebest

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Ditto on Zaino. I first heard about it on my motorcycle forum. I have used it once on the Armada with good results, but they say that you should keep putting layers on and it gets better and better.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Yes Zaino is the slizzz. I have been using it for about 3 years now on my Cobra. It protects better than any other product I've used. Its also not a wax but a polish. I cant wait to get some time to do the Armada. I bought the whole package from http://www.zainobros.com. You can read all bout it there. They recommend you claybar the car first to get all the toxins out of the paint then use several coats of Z2 or Z5, while in between coats using the Z6 spay to prime for the next coat. Best car care product in my opinion. Jared

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Better than Liquid glass???
I'll have to try it and be the judge

glass can be used on the windows and chrome too :)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Never tried the liquid glass, but I can say after using Zanio for almost 2 years I doubt I'll ever try anything else. The first year I put on a lot of coats...don't know how many for sure since it was so easy to put on but it was at least 10. This year I've only been using Z6 and it still looks great...better than when I first bought it. The paint looks like it's got 1/16" of clear coat. You go to any forum and you will find a strong following which I think speaks highly of the product especially since they don't advertise. Unless I hear of a bunch of Zanio "converts" recommending something else I'll be using it and it only.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I hate waxing cars but this Zaino stuff sounds too good to pass up.
Question, after washing with Dawn, then claybar, then what? It seems like people are using 3 different products Z2, Z5, Z6
How long do you have to wait between coats. Also, let's say I put on 2 coats. Then a week later, I want to put on 2 more. Do I just wash the car off and start applying more coats? I assume you don't wash with Dawn and claybar again.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Just Z2 and Z6 unless you've got paint swirls then use Z5 instead of Z6. You can apply as many coats as you want as often as you want. You only use the dawn to get rid of a "wax" coat. So after the first dawn wash you don't need to do it again. I just claybared the first time. I suppose you should do it once a year maybe....but the zanio is so slick it's like teflon even the dead bugs pratically slide off.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
llajumpvid said:
Just Z2 and Z6 unless you've got paint swirls then use Z5 instead of Z6. You can apply as many coats as you want as often as you want. You only use the dawn to get rid of a "wax" coat. So after the first dawn wash you don't need to do it again. I just claybared the first time. I suppose you should do it once a year maybe....but the zanio is so slick it's like teflon even the dead bugs pratically slide off.
Ok, I wouldn't go as far as to say they "slide" off. But there is minimal scrubbing involved in getting them off compared to not having any protection. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ZAINO, but the bugs don't just slide off. Mmmmmm...Zaino, so amazing. Wax=crap Zaino=the shiz

·
Banned
347 Posts
I got the Ultimate Shine kit from them and I just used it for the first time on my 08 Mada and 07 Max and WHAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO im impresed. This is a great product, how in the world I didn't hear about this before...

Never again another product will touch my cars, cant wait to do my SS.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Hmmm....definitely going to check this out when it stops raining and snowing here in Oregon...should be in April lol

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,201 Posts
08SmokeMada said:
Ok, I wouldn't go as far as to say they "slide" off. But there is minimal scrubbing involved in getting them off compared to not having any protection. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ZAINO, but the bugs don't just slide off. Mmmmmm...Zaino, so amazing. Wax=crap Zaino=the shiz
Hahahahaha! You sure know how to revive the dead with all of these old posts!

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Anyone want to come wax the Mada for me then? I'll pay you, PLUS you'll get a nice warm meal afterwards lol...it's just too dang cold!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
BlakSpyda said:
Hahahahaha! You sure know how to revive the dead with all of these old posts!
lol.. I just searched for Zaino and didn't read the date of the last post till I posted. Ah well. I am going to add something to the sig.

Armada Chick said:
Anyone want to come wax the Mada for me then? I'll pay you, PLUS you'll get a nice warm meal afterwards lol...it's just too dang cold!
I would be more than happy to if you weren't like 3k miles away. After all, I am a Zaino junky. I think I am going to create then join ZA...Zaino anonymous. lol

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Well I guess I better try it out! If it is that good I am glad you "Thrillered" this thread or else I would have never known! Good lookin out!
Reef

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
question for you guys..how long does it take you to wash your car? i want to do but looking at the beast and i just wanted to pay someone to do it. call me lazt :D i might just get it telfon. the guys i did all my other cars with are great and i just wash and dry thats it.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
ReefJones said:
Well I guess I better try it out! If it is that good I am glad you "Thrillered" this thread or else I would have never known! Good lookin out!
Reef
lmao... "Thriiiiiiiiiiiiillllllerr". Not at all an mj fan but that was a [email protected] good song. That is funny that you came up with that term. But yeah, once you go Zaino, you never go back. Wax is for candles.

ntr,
Well it takes me about an hour to wash and blow dry my Mada. That includes Zaino z-6 spray afterwards. The initial application of Zaino (wash ,clay,wash again,z-6 spray,polish,z-6 spray,polish,z-6) took my wife and I about 6 hours. It's a labor of love. If you are lazy then just wax. Zaino requires a little maint. After you do the initial app then it's just wash and z-6 after. Then polish every 6 months.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
08SmokeMada said:
lmao... "Thriiiiiiiiiiiiillllllerr". Not at all an mj fan but that was a [email protected] good song. That is funny that you came up with that term. But yeah, once you go Zaino, you never go back. Wax is for candles.
Oh thanks! Now I'm going to be sitting here with MJ running through my head... *love his songs, not so much the man lol*

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Zaino is the best!!

I first tried Zaino based on comments I read here. I think it cost me about $100 for the starter kit. It is well worth it. I have been using the same kit for about 3 years now and I still have lots of product left. I will admit that I have been getting lazy about my 'mada but it still looks very good.

For the Zaino novices, the first wash, strip, wax, etc should take about 2-3 hrs. I washed it with dawn then w/o drying it I used the clay bar to wipe the entire surface down. I use the spray mister or dip the clay in a bucket of water. Then I wash the car again. After drying it, you apply a light coat of Z2. If you have any scratches or swirls, start with the Z-5. New kits come with a tube of liquid to speed up the dry time (forgot the name). In my experience, I did not notice a difference if I skipped that step. BTW, I forgot to mention I do this in my garage. When possible, I do my car and my wife's at the same time. That way while one car is drying you can be applying another coat on the other car. This polish can be left overnight if desired. It is also great that there is no white residue (hate that). Anyway, after you put one coat of Z-5 to remove scratches/swirls, wipe off with 100% cotton towels. Then apply 1 or 2 of Z-2. I would recommend at least 2 coats for the first time. If I recall correctly, the first time I did it, I started around 9pm and finished both cars around 1am. Good Saturday night project.

Here are the results:

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Armada Chick said:
Hmmm....definitely going to check this out when it stops raining and snowing here in Oregon...should be in April lol
ummm.. i think you mean June... last time i checked April is the middle of our rainy season. :(

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
BostonBob said:
I first tried Zaino based on comments I read here. I think it cost me about $100 for the starter kit. It is well worth it. I have been using the same kit for about 3 years now and I still have lots of product left. I will admit that I have been getting lazy about my 'mada but it still looks very good.

For the Zaino novices, the first wash, strip, wax, etc should take about 2-3 hrs. I washed it with dawn then w/o drying it I used the clay bar to wipe the entire surface down. I use the spray mister or dip the clay in a bucket of water. Then I wash the car again. After drying it, you apply a light coat of Z2. If you have any scratches or swirls, start with the Z-5. New kits come with a tube of liquid to speed up the dry time (forgot the name). In my experience, I did not notice a difference if I skipped that step. BTW, I forgot to mention I do this in my garage. When possible, I do my car and my wife's at the same time. That way while one car is drying you can be applying another coat on the other car. This polish can be left overnight if desired. It is also great that there is no white residue (hate that). Anyway, after you put one coat of Z-5 to remove scratches/swirls, wipe off with 100% cotton towels. Then apply 1 or 2 of Z-2. I would recommend at least 2 coats for the first time. If I recall correctly, the first time I did it, I started around 9pm and finished both cars around 1am. Good Saturday night project.

Here are the results:

Looks Great! I have been using Zaino for several years as well and can't see changing. I even do my parent's and in-law's cars in it as well.
Quick question...where all did you clear bra your armada? I have it on my car and plan to on our next SUV (likely a QX). Just wondering how much you clear-braed....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts