Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check the service bulletin linked above. The Nissan dealership service department here reprogrammed the ECM and I haven’t had any problems since. Been about six weeks.
I have been having battery issues for 2 years. Purchase 2014 qx80 brand new. I am going to try the reprogramming and hope it works.My brother wants to purchase the vehicle which I refuse to sell him if there are these known issues that cannot be resolved. Going for vehicle service tomorrow

·
Registered
3 Posts
So i just got mine back from Infiniti for the 3rd time last night. They swear they have fixed it now, here is what they did: DE-PIN THE IPDM IN ORDER TO HAVE THE ALTERNATOR NOT CYCLE ON AND OFF BUT TO REMAIN ON AT ALL TIMES. IPDM PIN #33
I'm still not convinced and am going to pursue the Lemon Law here in Florida. My wife and kids are driving it and the change they made was described to me and was nearly identical to what they said the last time. Good luck!
Has anything worked? I am also I. Florida and mine 2019 Armada is on its second breakdown and towed to the dealer. It’s been there theee days when I just called they said they think it’s a fuse issue caused when pressing the break to start it. I can’t keep having it breakdown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so i recently discussed this issue with infiniti and what they assume is the problem is the smart start function..some infinitis do not have this seems like certain dealerships add this... anyway my infiniti just disconnected the smart start and they were going to charge me but I told them look I have been having this issue over and over there has got to be something on inifiniti part I am not the only one I am sure I am not your first. so they waived the $140 cost to disconnect the smart start and its been a month with no problems..

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i just got mine back from Infiniti for the 3rd time last night. They swear they have fixed it now, here is what they did: DE-PIN THE IPDM IN ORDER TO HAVE THE ALTERNATOR NOT CYCLE ON AND OFF BUT TO REMAIN ON AT ALL TIMES. IPDM PIN #33
I'm still not convinced and am going to pursue the Lemon Law here in Florida. My wife and kids are driving it and the change they made was described to me and was nearly identical to what they said the last time. Good luck!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts