Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Excellent post and thanks for sharing your research. My cheap EBay part is still going strong. If it craps out on me, I may consider the route you took as there is a junkyard about 30 minutes away. I believe all the people that keep having repeat issues with the brake switch are getting the same defective OEM part that caused the issue in the first place so it’s no wonder that the part continues to fail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My OEM lasted a month or so after I cleaned the contacts in the brake switch then started having issues...put my replacement switch in a couple weeks ago and all is well again. I took the OEM switch apart and cleaned the contacts again (black soot was on them again) put it back together and put it in the glovebox as a backup. Looks like it’s just going to be an ongoing issue but I’m out of warranty so at least I know what the problem is and I can fix it very easily.
What should I google when looking for this switch?

HELP! I purchased a 2019 nissian armanda back in February with 30K miles. The bci malfunction comes on every time I get in my car. The day before we were leaving for vacation the car would not start. Thought it was the battery. NEW CAR why would we replace the battery??!! We replaced the battery and that fixed the problem for a few weeks. One morning with a practically new battery, I tried cranking the car and nothing. Waited 30 mins nothing. I had to take my kids to school in my honda with 300K miles on it bc my NEW car wouldn't crank. I took the key fob and held it close to the on switch and it finally started. While in line to pick up my kids the bci indicatior came on again. While waiting in line i put my car in park, when time to move forward my car would not let me put it in drive. I had to cut my car off and cut back on for me to put in drive. I really wish someone had a solution. Car dealership, Sutherlin of Mall of Georgia said they couldn't fix the bci sensor not sure why it comes on. I AM ready to take this POS to another dealer and trade it for something else. I saw a few other post about a brake switch I could order off ebay for less$ that may fix my issue. I hate to have a $40KK car that may leave me and my kids on the side of the road. PLEASE help. Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My first suggestion is MAKE the dealer fix it if you're still under warranty.
If you're not under warranty, read through the last 5 pages of this thread.
There are part numbers that myself and others have used/bought for replacements that have seemed to fix the problem.

Just a few days ago there was a member that found another Nissan switch that didn't have any issues, but also fit the Armada. @Bravosser got a part number?

There was also mention of a TSB that required a computer re-flash. It's not really a huge problem, just annoying until you get it figured out.

The dealer not being able to figure it out would not be acceptable to me. I would escalate that to Nissan USA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought a 2017 Nissan Armada last month. Today my wife tried to start it and it wouldn’t start for about 5 minutes. Once it finally started the BCI Malfunction warning light turned on along with other lights. I searched the issue and found this thread. After reading the thread I’m a bit panicked. I called the dealership and they said they’ve never heard of the BCI Malfunction. Which was not good news to hear. Since you’ve all been through this issue, what do I need to tell the dealership to look for when diagnosing and fixing this issue?
I just bought a 2017 Armada Platinum and just yesterday I got this error. I was just sitting in the parking lot with truck running and the dash went crazy.
I turned the truck off then it didn’t want to restart....after a min or so it started. I got that error like 3 more times the same day.
I was afraid to turn the car off of being stranded somewhere.
I must say last weekend I towed a U-Haul trailer..... and the brakes seemed like they were bucking.... should I have disabled the bci function???

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first suggestion is MAKE the dealer fix it if you're still under warranty.
If you're not under warranty, read through the last 5 pages of this thread.
There are part numbers that myself and others have used/bought for replacements that have seemed to fix the problem.

Just a few days ago there was a member that found another Nissan switch that didn't have any issues, but also fit the Armada. @Bravosser got a part number?

There was also mention of a TSB that required a computer re-flash. It's not really a huge problem, just annoying until you get it figured out.

The dealer not being able to figure it out would not be acceptable to me. I would escalate that to Nissan USA.
The part number for the switch off the Murano I used was 25320-AX00B (niles). But now it supersedes to 25320-AX10A (valeo). which is the new part number you’ll get and is the switch everyone is having issues with. Get an aftermarket brand like back/arnley, Holstein, Vemo and etc. use 25320-AX00B on rock auto’s website part search and you’ll get a list of aftermarket manufacturers for this switch. but don’t get the OEM Nissan or you’ll run into trouble again.

If you want the OEM 25320-AX00B (niles) you’ll need to go to the junk yard and get it. Here’s a list of some cars that you can pull off the yards..

03-08 350Z
07-2011 Altima
09-14 cube
05-up frontier
05-09 Murano
09-12 maxima

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bci malfunction light came while driving it home from dealership! I couldnt believe it and it has come on everytime I've driven it..I've owned it for a week, it has 40k. Dealer said it's probably the wiring harnass for front sensors. Others say brake switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bci malfunction light came while driving it home from dealership! I couldnt believe it and it has come on everytime I've driven it..I've owned it for a week, it has 40k. Dealer said it's probably the wiring harnass for front sensors. Others say brake switch.

Guaranteed it’s your switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm betting the dealers going to argue with me about it and do what they want.. any chance of me having any input?
Yes have them read this post lol. Service advisorS don’t like to be corrected or customer telling them what’s wrong with the car. All u can say is you read about this issue online and it’s always the brake light switch and it’s a big issue with the OEM switch. My issue was fixed by using an older style switch from a junk yard car. The new OEM switch they are using is junk. They are easy to change so just keep a spare in your glove compartment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes have them read this post lol. Service advisorS don’t like to be corrected or customer telling them what’s wrong with the car. All u can say is you read about this issue online and it’s always the brake light switch and it’s a big issue with the OEM switch. My issue was fixed by using an older style switch from a junk yard car. The new OEM switch they are using is junk. They are easy to change so just keep a spare in your glove compartment.
Are they cheap enough and easy to do where it wouldn't be worth my time to take it to a dealer? My closest nissan is about 45 minutes away..

101 - 113 of 113 Posts